VIDEO VIDEO
France 24: One year after deadly blast, Beirut struggles with ‘trauma after trauma’
Huge twin blasts in the port of Beirut on August 4, 2020 left more than 200 people dead and 6,000 injured. The source of the disaster was 2,700 tonnes of ammonium nitrate, a compound used as a fertiliser that is also a very powerful explosive agent. It had been stored at the port with no precautions for more than six years. The tragedy soon became a symbol of Lebanon’s years-long political, social and economic crises. Despite promises of change, wounds left by the explosion have yet to heal.
Read more ....
Update #1: A year after Beirut blast, Lebanon sinks deep into mire of corruption (The Guardian)
Update #2: Beirut blast one year on: No answers and no economic optimism (RTE)
WNU Editor: For those who are interested on what became of the bride almost swept away by the Beirut blast (see video below).
VIDEO
Related Posts : Afghan Army Casualties In 2016: 6,785 Afghan Security Forces Killed, 11,777 Injured
Maija Liuhto, Foreign Policy: The Walking Dead
As U.S. troops draw down, the Afghan military struggles to provide care for its countless… Read More... North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un Vows To Develop More Nuclear Weapons
ABC News Online: North Korea vows to keep making nuclear weapons, decorates creators of latest missile
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un ha… Read More... Muslim Leaders Have Declared East Jerusalem As The Capital Of Palestine
Al Jazeera: OIC declares East Jerusalem as Palestinian capital
The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has declared East Jerusalem … Read More... Africa, U.S. EU, And Arab Countries Commit To A Sahel Anti-Terror Force
VOA: Africa, EU Leaders Add Funding, Urgency to Fight Sahel Jihadists
PARIS — African and European leaders called for intensifying the fi… Read More... Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas No Longer Wants The U.S. Involved In Brokering Any Israeli-Palestinian Peace Agreement
NPR: Abbas Says U.S. Shouldn't Lead Mideast Peace Process, Citing Jerusalem Policy
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas says his… Read More...
0 Response to "It Has Almost Been One Year Since The Massive Beirut Port Blast"
Post a Comment