Attorney General Muhammad Prasetyo |
The Attorney General's Office (AGO) is waiting for a Supreme Court ruling to set the date of the third round of executions of drug convicts, an AGO official said on Friday.
The Supreme Court will soon announce its decision on a case review and cassation submitted by a number of death row convicts, Attorney General Muhammad Prasetyo said.
"We are still coordinating [the details of the executions] and we hope they will be carried out soon," Prasetyo told journalists.
Despite the public outcry from those opposed to the death penalty, the government's resolve to execute drug dealers and distributors will not waver, as they have brought a huge threat to the country, Prasetyo asserted.
He said he hoped convicted drug lord Freddy Budiman, who ran his narcotics business from behind bars, would be included on the list of death row convicts that would be executed in the next round.
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo's administration has executed 14 death-row convicts in two rounds both of which were carried out last year.
Source: Jakarta Post, July 17, 2016
⚑ | Report an error, an omission, contact us: deathpenaltynews@gmail.com.
Opposed to Capital Punishment? Please help us keep this blog up and running!
"One is absolutely sickened, not by the crimes that the wicked have committed, but by the punishments that the good have inflicted." - Oscar Wilde
0 Response to "Indonesia: AGO waits for Supreme Court ruling to set date for executions"
Post a Comment